Click for Cans Suckahs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Click for Cans Suckahs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:27 pm

Every team has like 80% fair weather fans IMO. People are just not willing to put up with both the good and bad times.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:05 pm

MeShawn wrote:
Homeless wrote:
MeShawn wrote:Man, I'm dissopointed that the Cowboys were 13th in votes. I thought they would be top 5 for sure.

And what was the purpose of that poll anyway? :-?

Thats cos you havent won a superbowl in such a long time, all the fair weather fans left :-b

Fair weather fans are free to leave, we don't want them :-D

Now they're all Patriot fans :-P

I take exception to that. I hate being called a band wagon jumper just because the patriots are awesome. Not all of us are. I was actually a drew bledsoe fan in my early years and just started to like the pats. as far as the chunky soup poll goes, I think CC has voted around 10000 times.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:13 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
MeShawn wrote:
Homeless wrote:
MeShawn wrote:Man, I'm dissopointed that the Cowboys were 13th in votes. I thought they would be top 5 for sure.

Thats cos you havent won a superbowl in such a long time, all the fair weather fans left :-b

I take exception to that. I hate being called a band wagon jumper just because the patriots are awesome. Not all of us are. I was actually a drew bledsoe fan in my early years and just started to like the pats. as far as the chunky soup poll goes, I think CC has voted around 10000 times.

Yea, I know. If you are ever the fan of a team thats doing great, you'll always be accused of being a fair-weather fan. Ex: Yankee fans. Sorry for the bad sterotype :*)
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:23 pm

ya its brutal. Especially since I hate most big market teams thats always win. (lakers, yankees, red wings, etc.) They always beat up on my small market canadian teams (raptors,blue jays, canucks).
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:26 pm

Flux wrote:Man, I love the Chunky Soup - I got 14 cans of it in my pantry :-o

Now, that is scary! :-o :-o
One small step up from Alpo. :-P
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby kanezfan11 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:52 pm

MeShawn wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:
MeShawn wrote:
Homeless wrote:

Yea, I know. If you are ever the fan of a team thats doing great, you'll always be accused of being a fair-weather fan. Ex: Yankee fans. Sorry for the bad sterotype :*)

Well, I live in New York... I'm entitled to being a Yankee fan without being a fair-weather fan (like they ever lose anyway :-) )... and if anyone thinks I'm a bandwagonner, I'll proudly show my pride for the Giants, Rangers, and Knicks.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:43 pm

Friggin Cheeseheads, all those fans are gone in a year when Favre retires and the Packers suck even more than they do now.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:49 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Friggin Cheeseheads, all those fans are gone in a year when Favre retires and the Packers suck even more than they do now.

It is pretty amazing how a team from wisconsin can have the largest fan base in the NFL. Ill say it again, CC is finding a way to vote more than once.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CC » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:55 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Friggin Cheeseheads, all those fans are gone in a year when Favre retires and the Packers suck even more than they do now.

Make that all but one. They'll still be better than "Dr." Quinn "Medicine Woman" and the rest of his crew.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:20 pm

Click! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk