Return Yardage studs... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Return Yardage studs...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:31 am

I like PK Sams.. kinda sprung up to a good returner after LaMont Brightful left...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JustDave45 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:35 am

Anyone know if TJ will return to Kickoff/pr duties this week ?
"Any of you got the guts to play for blood ?"
JustDave45
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Steve_ffc » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:45 am

So which of these guys would you recommend for this week? If Moss doesnt play i;m in a bind and may need to look at this option. We get 1 point per 10 return yards.
Winning Isn't Everything, It's The Only Thing!!!
Steve_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:50 am

Steve wrote:So which of these guys would you recommend for this week? If Moss doesnt play i;m in a bind and may need to look at this option. We get 1 point per 10 return yards.

With 1 pt = 10 return yards, I'd seriously consider not playing anything but stud WR's and stud return men... I'd start a stud return man over Santana every week...

Eddie Drummond
JJ Moses
Michael Lewis

should all be good WR options if they're still available to you...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Steve_ffc » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:27 am

I should have specified but its Randy Moss that I have and Im not sure if he'll play for sure. I'm in a 6 team league and we start 4 wr's. Mine are Moss, Harrison, Chad Johnson, Moulds, and ROY Williams. If Moss does play I'm thinking of picking up Drummond or Lewis (kinda leaning toward Lewis) and sitting Johnson. Never really thought about it too much but these guys will average 10 points or more a week in return yards.
Steve_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ironhorse75 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:26 am

To be honest I actually think it's kind of lame. Someone in my league is using Drummond and another is using Sams off the Ravens.

Same as your scoring system, 10 yards per point on ret yards.

That crap should be left for the defense points. I have players like Moss and Walker busting their asses for TD's and reception yards at 20 a point while these returners who get NO catches and NO runs out score them by ridiculous margins.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby The Lung » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:11 pm

I agree, I think it throws off the balance and integrity of the whole system.

One of the great things I like about fantasy football is the wide number of customizable settings, to make for varied play and strategy; but some settings get tweaked too far, imo.

Even 20 yards/1 point is too much, imo. I think that a setting of 25, up to a max of 50 yards/point (with or without fractional yardage) is a fair balance.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Chopper » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:26 pm

No offense, guys, but would you be using words like lame, integrity, and balance if you were the ones who properly capitalized on the scoring systems in place for your league?

There are probably tens of thousands of scoring variations in use in all of fantasy football. Who's to say which is best?

Fantasy sports is about understanding the fixed variables that you are confined to, then predicting and adapting within that system (with a fair amount of luck tossed in).

I'm in a yardage league with healthy return points and I really enjoy the challenge. It is a fresh diversion from my other leagues. I've learned a lot more about return games then I ever knew before. There are some frustrating aspects, such as Lamont Brightful, a top return yardage guy getting cut, but what position hasn't given us fits? I don't mind that BJ Sams has scored me almost twice as many points as Laveranues Coles.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Steve_ffc » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:46 pm

Yeah but Ive got Randy Moss and maybe Williams out with injury and Chad Johnson getting 30 yards a week which in my league is 3 points. There are no decent free agents and guys like Lewis and Drummond are consistently scoring 10 points or more a week. Makes sense to consider using one at least this week
Steve_ffc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:29 am

you guys all knew someone was gonna say this......you accepted the rules.

Maybe you should but in a proposal to change them...
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk