Droughns is he really this good - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Droughns is he really this good

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bost0n » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:08 pm

oakland was around 15th-20th before the denver game.
irock
bost0n
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby GiveUp » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:42 pm

Having picked him up last week mid-game, I played him against Oak as a gamble. Ok so he rang up 170+ on Oak and Car sucky run D.... So when he faces a real run D and get 100 and a touch, I'll manage. ;)

I tried to trade him to Q's owner last week but was secretly hoping it would fall apart.... he really fits the mold for the Denver back. Just a big north south guy that tears up chunks at a time. That said, he looked great.... but everything was in his favor. Denver jumped to an early lead... it started to rain. The line was paving huge holes. It added up quick. But FWIW I'll be starting him next week unless Shanny just outright says he isn't the man.
GiveUp Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:48 pm

Flux wrote:
Mudd wrote:With Portis on a bye next week, and Denver going against Cincy, I think I will start him. So I'm hoping he does continue. He's now had three good games, hopefully that's a trend.

I think you mean 2 great games

Yeah but Denver plays Cincy next week, we all know it's three not two good games.

;-D
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby M_A_C » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:54 pm

Right upfront, I'm a huge Denver fan, so...

Anyways, what I love about the guy is that he makes something out of nothing. Where Griffin would get hit and knocked on his back, Droughns carries 3 or 4 guys for another 2 or 3 yards.
Meatwad make the moneys SEE!
Meatwad get the honeys G!
M_A_C
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Azrael » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:13 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Carolina = worst rush defense in the NFL

Oakland= not as bad, but not far behind

Close but Carolina is 29th against the run and O-town is 27th.

He's got some tough games ahead and some monster games ahead. He plays ATL and SD, which are 1st and 2nd against the run, respectively.

He also plays Houston, KC, Miami, Oakland (again), NO, and Cinci, which are 21st, 22nd, 26th, 27th, 31st, and dead last against the run. If he hasn't solidified the starting role yet, he will next week when he racks up 200+ on Cinci.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby loosechange75 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:57 pm

agreed with the last post
loosechange75
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:35 pm

I picked up Droughns after his first good game cuase I had a free roster spot and figured what the hell. This week he goes crazy again while sitting on my bench. The only thing that sacres me is the hype he is getting. I remember the hype on Griffin after week 1
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby KolbSaves » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:42 pm

I'm planning on him starting for me the rest of the way, just traded Stokely and Marcus Robinson for him.
"It is unworthy of excellent men to lose hours like slaves in the labor of calculation, which could be safely relegated to anyone else if machines were used." - Leibniz
KolbSaves
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby warrick95 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:43 pm

Bold Prediction: As a Bengal fan, I think he's going to break 200 this week. Okay...that may not be that bold because our run D is POROUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, but it's my prediction for MNF.
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby Impressionable » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:08 am

warrick95 wrote:Bold Prediction: As a Bengal fan, I think he's going to break 200 this week. Okay...that may not be that bold because our run D is POROUSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, but it's my prediction for MNF.

He's definitely capable if he brings his A game and doesn't have to split carries or gets pulled by Shanny if Denver has a lead in the second half. That tends to happen all too much in Denver with their plug and play runningbacks being pulled out of the game before they can rack up huge fantasy points. I still think he'll be very effective, and he's been the focal point of the offence. He got 38 carries last week, so I expect Denver to keep going to him to wear Cincy out.
[[Placeholder]]
Impressionable
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk