Ricky Williams or nagging Girlfriends? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky Williams or nagging Girlfriends?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ricky Williams or nagging Girlfriends?

Postby Diablo13 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:05 pm

Which one is more irritating?

So RW is gonna talk w/ the NFL this Thursday regarding his return. I bet he and his lawyer and agent will find a way to reinstate him. I also bet Wanny might like that in a last ditch effort to salvage his job. Heuizenga might even be willing. After all, its all about winning that fills stadiums and filling Wayne's pockets. RW coming back will certainly help that happen. Regardless of what everybody thinks of him. As a phin fan I most certainly don't want to see him play, and because of that he proably will. I like the prospect of Miami picking up a first overall pick, that hasn't happened in my tenue as a phin fan.

But what does everybody else think. There could be potential implication here. RW's mere presence will command much more respect than any of the phins RB's so far have from opposing D's. Plus RW can block and fake with the best of them. That can help the passing game...yeah I know, fiedler...

HE opens the passing game just a little, enough to spread D's out a bit, AJay Feidlee can start to exploit that a little. Doing so will help the ground game. I am not by ANY means saying that this will salvage Miami's season...I am the first to admit that they a done...only bringing up FF issues. His return will no doubt send FF freaks scampering to pick him off the WW if he is available.

If the NFL lets him return (which is not a guarantee, the league has been in a "example setting" mood lately) I think his return might have fantasy implications beyond just the RB. I think Chambers will see vast improvements, McMike will be better, the D might not have to be on the field 45 minutes of every game, and the O line might get a bit better (ok, so that last one is a bit over-optimistic).

I know this thread will invite every naysayer there is here, but think of this objectively. I am not RW fan, but this is starting to become a real issue. And perhaps an oversaturated issue. Which explains the title of this thread.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3091146
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:08 pm

He will not be back this year.

I'd set the odds at like 50-1.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:09 pm

Nagging girlfriends are more annoying than Ricky Williams, but they also have more upside.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 1crzydmnd » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:09 pm

Bowie wrote:Nagging girlfriends are more annoying than Ricky Williams, but they have more upside.

;-D ;-D
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:13 pm

Bowie wrote:Nagging girlfriends are more annoying than Ricky Williams, but they also have more upside.

ahhah i agree
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Diablo13 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:18 pm

Bowie wrote:Nagging girlfriends are more annoying than Ricky Williams, but they also have more upside.

I didn't mean for it to be put in that context...but does that mean that you considered the upside w/ Ricky as a comparison to the upside with your girlfriend. IF so, please seek help immediately.
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby wizbang » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:35 pm

a nagging girlfriend is worse than any other force on earth other than the nagging wife. floods, hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes all fall well short in terms of the cumulative pain they cause to mankind. A local radio station has taken to calling them "fun governers".
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Diablo13 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:40 pm

wizbang wrote:a nagging girlfriend is worse than any other force on earth other than the nagging wife. floods, hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes all fall well short in terms of the cumulative pain they cause to mankind. A local radio station has taken to calling them "fun governers".

LMAO! That's Great!!!

Anybody have any comments on Ricky's anxiousness about returning? You know it's all about the money, but any FF implications if it happens?
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:26 pm

LOL.... Great post... ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Estarr01 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:28 pm

I don't believe Ricky will be given the opportunity to play this year and if he does I doubt that he will play for the fin's.

He might improve their team, but he will lower their moral. The trade off isn't worth it in the long run and this year is already over for them.

I believe he will be playing next year, but I doubt it will be for the fin's I see him getting traded to another maybe OAK or some other team desperate for a back.
Estarr01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk