Another ? for people who draft at home at a draft party - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Another ? for people who draft at home at a draft party

Moderator: Football Moderators

Another ? for people who draft at home at a draft party

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:51 am

What website do you use then? Do you have the commish enter all the picks in or what. I am the commish and would be willing to do this, but I would like to know which website is best for this mode of drafting. We have always used Yahoo before, but we are making the league more in depth this year and questions keep popping up. Thanks in advance for your help.
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby awwchrist » Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:56 am

I purchased a big ass white board and markers, then after the draft is done I just manually input the selections into CBS sportsline
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joester » Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:40 pm

In my money league we use webleaguemanagrer.com and as the draft goes on the commish puts in the picks on his laptop.....it works really well
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:58 pm

I don't have a draft party, so I use Sportsline. My owners use the draft robot a lot. My buddie who does a draft party use Real Time Sports http://www.rtsports.com . If I ever switch to a draft party I would switch to Real Time Sports in a heart beat.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:36 pm

so you have to spend minimum 90 dollars huh?
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby shawshank » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:20 am

Lat year (our third FF season) we had our first draft party and we made this huge board out of a few sheets of poster board. The thing ended up being about 8 feet long and 6 feet high.

We drew a grid pattern over the whole thing and put the team names along the top and the round down the vertical.

Each name picked was added underneath the team name, it worked out pretty well until the late rounds where beer influnced many a penmanship ... not to mention beer has a strange effect on one's spelling ability.

Full draft order was randomly picked by Yahoo, and everyone of course had their own list of players which were copied and hadned over to the commish for submission into the system.

It worked well on a visual scale and as a way to keep track of who is where ...
shawshank
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby shawshank » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:26 am

Lat year (our third FF season) we had our first draft party and we made this huge board out of a few sheets of poster board. The thing ended up being about 8 feet long and 6 feet high.

We drew a grid pattern over the whole thing and put the team names along the top and the round down the vertical.

Each name picked was added underneath the team name, it worked out pretty well until the late rounds where beer influnced many a penmanship ... not to mention beer has a strange effect on one's spelling ability.

Full draft order was randomly picked by Yahoo, and everyone of course had their own list of players which were copied and hadned over to the commish for submission into the system.

It worked well on a visual scale and as a way to keep track of who is where ...
shawshank
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Azrael » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:44 am

I'm in 2 draft leagues. Both draft offline, one is then kept track of manually. The other one that I run I input the lineups into my custom league on Yahoo!
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Return to Football Talk