Defensive Players - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Defensive Players

Moderator: Football Moderators

Defensive Players

Postby Furhawk » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:00 pm

hello again,
man this site is sweet!! the only problem i have is that it takes forever to load a page. that said, i have another question for you genious' to ponder over.

My league uses 3 defensive players instead of a team and i was wondering if you guys could help me out. first of all, when should i get them? should i wait till the end, get more offense, and let other people waste there picks on D ?? also, who are some sleepers / value picks on defense? (dont give me teams)!
Furhawk

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bolkonsky_ffc » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:31 pm

it depends on how defensive stats are scored. if your league has an extensive defensive scoring system, you will obviously need to spend a higher pick on a defensive player.

i will say this, stud defensive players will make you solid from week-to-week. they give you a chance to bring home a W on weeks your offensive players are zzzzzzzzzzzz.
bolkonsky_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Roseman » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:31 pm

Bolkonsky makes some really good points here it really depends on your scoring system.

LBs are the running backs of defense so grabing a good LB is important if there are no roster limits on positions than you want to grab all LBs if you can. If your scoring system gives a lot of points for sacks than obviously a pass rushing DE is very valuable.

I wouldnt wait to long to start drafting D players but you also want a good base on O too. It is a very careful balanceing act
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby springfield atoms » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:20 pm

as said above...it depends on the scoring...

in my league, the top LBs (urlacher, brooking, brook, ray lewis) on average score about as well as RBs (not as good as the top 5-6, but as well as the rest)
geaux atoms!
homer jay simpson
springfield football atoms
springfield atoms
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby kimi » Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:42 pm

If it's a yahoo league where DL and LB are in the same catagory always pick 2 LB's.

listed in my order of preference:

LB: Lewis, Urlacher, Edwards, Sharper, Fletcher, Morgan, Thomas, Barton, Brooking, Sirmon, Bell

DB: Williams, Archuletta, Reed, Wilson, Dawkins, Sharper, Harrison, Wire, Lewis, Barber

DL: Strahan, Taylor, Peppers, Abraham, Rucker, Freeney, Rice

In any normal scoring system I would rate all of these IDP's as top 100 players(Lewis, Urlacher, Williams, Archuletta, Strahan, and Taylor top 50)and draft them accordingly. Consider the 4th round if you're not that hot for a certain #2 WR. Most definitely the 5th round.
kimi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby slowkidz » Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:47 pm

kimi hit it right on the head!! LBs are the RBs of the Defense. Grab two of the best and they will do you proud...

along the same lines...here's a link to IDP's...you'll find some good info in here, as well as player rankings/cheat sheets. Good Luck!! ;-D
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Danks81 » Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:53 pm

Good post kimi.

Don't forget about Brian Dawkins at safety.
Danks81
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk