Corey Dillon...a sell high or a must start? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Corey Dillon...a sell high or a must start?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Corey Dillon...a sell high or a must start?

Postby The Great Gambini » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:26 pm

After a big day, do you think Dillon will continue to get TD chances, or will the Pats revert back to letting Brady throw the TDs? How do you assess his value? A sell high? A must start?

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Corey Dillon...a sell high or a must start?

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:34 pm

The Great Gambini wrote:After a big day, do you think Dillon will continue to get TD chances, or will the Pats revert back to letting Brady throw the TDs? How do you assess his value? A sell high? A must start?
Id say hold onto him. The Patriots are perfectly content to pound the ball and let Brady get 150 yards a game. As the weather gets worse, Dillon should get it more.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:37 pm

I would not trade DILLON. He is on the verge of a must start stud.

Patriots are finally understanding the power of a reliable running game. Dillon is definitely a major fixture in this offense. There is now way the pats are going to be able to survive solely passing AGAIN.

Im going to probably turn Dillon into a keeper.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:53 pm

Also consider that Dillon is a late first round or early second round draft pick. Making his value high. Then the early season yardage totals without any TDs allowed some owners to lower his value because the TDs were missing. i never lowered his value.

Just believe that New England run defense is not very strong and the New England Offense is going to have to counter that with there own running game. Why? To allow the Patriots defense longer breaks and the running game is working just fine.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Turd Burglar » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:55 am

I actually picked up Dillon in the late 3rd or possibly 4th round in a 12-person league. He's been a pretty consistent performer this year, and I think will only get better as the year goes on.
Turd Burglar
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mikeydavison » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:06 am

I think 34=Sweetness got it right. Dillon will be much more important to them as the season progresses. In the snow when the passing game goes to hell they'll be glad they have him.
mikeydavison
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bungle613 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:32 am

I don't buy that NE is learning how to use a running game. NE isn't learning anything, they know everything resulting in 19 straight wins.

NE game plans for each and every team they play. If they know they can beat you in the air.. they throw. If they know they can beat you on the ground, they run. Dillon will have good games, maybe great games but he will also have a few 63 yards on 13 touches.

If you can get a great deal for him, I would do it. The NE team is first and foremost a system putting all individual stats on the back burner. There are no stars in NE.. just an incredible team.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:08 pm

I would definitely keep Dillon, but expect a few games where he doesn't put up good numbers. NE seems to adapt on offense as well as any team, and if their opponent is stacking the line to stop the run, NE will be perfectly content to rely on Brady's arm. However, when the weather gets bad (FF playoffs?) I expect NE to rely on Dillon heavily, making him a very valuable player.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Aristotle » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:13 pm

If you can get equal value for Dillon I would pull the trigger.

I have a strong feeling that every NE player is just a cog in a great machine, there is no promise for an individual star to emerge.
Unit
Corps
Tiki Barber
God
Country
Aristotle
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flux » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:50 pm

I think Dillon is the real deal.

At the moment he is on pace for 1670 rushing yards and 10 TDs, while averaging 4.9 ypc. Those numbers also include his first game against IND where he was limited b/c K. Faulk was injured, and only 3 quarters against MIA where they took him out after he tweaked his ankle.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk