Corey Dillon...a sell high or a must start? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Corey Dillon...a sell high or a must start?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TPSFFL » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:56 pm

Dillion is one of those RBs that is a situational start. I would probably hold onto him as a #2 RB. I know in our league that's what he was drafted at. He's a good plugin when the match up right.
"Fantasy FUBAR" fantasy football web radio show! New shows every Wednesday!
http://www.trailerparksports.com/TPSRadio.htm
Join our chat room while we tape Tues 7pm PST Fantasy questions: tpsradio@trailerparksports.com
Yahoo IM: trailerparksports
TPSFFL
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby s0meguy » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:08 pm

I traded him after the Arizona game. If you can't depend on him against Arizona when will you be able to?
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Ricky_Christ » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:14 pm

If you have the depth at RB, keep Dillon. Dillon in many ways is the ultimate Matchup Stud out of the entire NFL. The Patriots are very deliberate with their game plans. If they're facing a weak run D, they'll pound the ball all game. If they're facing a weak pass D, Dillon will only see 15 carries.

That sort of predictability is invaluable in FF. So if you can cover him the weeks he plays tough Rush Ds, I say keep him on. He will be a Must-Start stud when facing weaker fronts.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flux » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:16 pm

s0meguy wrote:I traded him after the Arizona game. If you can't depend on him against Arizona when will you be able to?

um, he ran for 158 yards against ARI, thats a pretty darn good day. He would have had some TDs, but he literally would drive the whole field and then was taken out before he had an opportunity to score
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:20 pm

Ricky_Christ wrote:If you have the depth at RB, keep Dillon. Dillon in many ways is the ultimate Matchup Stud out of the entire NFL. The Patriots are very deliberate with their game plans. If they're facing a weak run D, they'll pound the ball all game. If they're facing a weak pass D, Dillon will only see 15 carries.

That sort of predictability is invaluable in FF. So if you can cover him the weeks he plays tough Rush Ds, I say keep him on. He will be a Must-Start stud when facing weaker fronts.

He's only had 1 game of 15 carries. His 2nd lowest carry total (18) came b/c he got injured and basically sat out the entire 4th quarter.

I think its resonible to expect 20+ or so carries a game. Remember, last year NE in their so called 'pass happy' offense still ran the ball 29.5 times a game.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:25 pm

The Pats survived last year in the snow without the help of running game. I wouldn't look for them to change a whole bunch but at least this year they do have a reliable back to go to. While I don't think he'll go for 1600yds., he should put up at least 1200-1300yds. and get his share of TDs too. If you've got him, unless you've got an offer on the table that's too good to pass up, you keep him.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Great Gambini » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:49 pm

Good points by all. I personally wasn't thinking of dealing him, just wondering what kind of numbers we'll see out of him the rest of the year.

'Twas a fun year, fellas.
The Great Gambini
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:06 am

steady numbers...60-80 yards and a td

not bad and this is low ball avg...not including his great days...and DILLON is infamous for busting out some INSANE numbers on certain occasions...

Already done it once...153 yards in week 2 and daniel graham hawked his TD

last week 90+ yards and 2 TDs

Now...my guess is a feasable average minus and plus a TD here and there.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk