Bledsoe slips into the later rounds - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bledsoe slips into the later rounds

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bledsoe slips into the later rounds

Postby puxx » Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:49 pm

In the drafts I have done so far, I am noticing that Bledsoe has slipped down to rounds 7-8 in my re-draft leagues. I've seen Hasselbeck being picked before him! Granted, Hasselbeck is in for a good sleeper year, but it's Bledsoe! He posted sensational passing stats last season! Sure he lost Price, but he still has Moulds and a Josh Reed anxious to prove himself. Why does he slip so far?
puxx

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Bledsoe....

Postby massraider » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:03 pm

The big reason any QB slips this year is that after the top guys, whoever you decide they are, all the rest of the guys put up similar numbers.

Reasons for Drew slipping? Well, count me among those who rank him lower than to be expected.

No Peerless. The just lost a 1,000 yard receiver. this is not a small thing. This also has a domino affect.

OK, let's say Reed replaces Price. It is very optimistic to assume he'll put up the same numbers. Bear in mind, I love Reed as a player. Who replaces Reed in the slot? Bobby Shaw?

No Riemersma. Check out Bledsoe's stats in NE the first year Coates was gone.

I believe Centers is gone too.

If Bledsoe does not have a great safety valve, he makes a lot of mistakes in a hurry.

Hasselback is a riser because of his great stats at the end of the year. Check out Bledsoe's stats at the end of the year.
massraider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Vixtor » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:10 pm

I would certainly rank Bledsoe above Hasselbeck. The issue with Hasselbeck, I believe, is that everybody had him listed as a sleeper - so much that he ceased to become a sleeper.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:29 pm

If any owners are worth a salt there will always be QBs "slipping" into the later rounds where savvy owners will pick from the few remaining good QBs left.

This isn't accidental, so I don't consider them slipping.

In anycase, you know what you're gonna get with Bledsoe. There's a potential of 30+ Tds in H-beck this year. That's why some owners are chosing the latter.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CoachAub » Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:05 pm

Josh Reed will be a small drop off from Price because he will be thrown to, point blank, and it is Bledsoe throwing. Bobby Shaw proved to be a great 3rd WR in Pittsburgh and that is how he landed a job in Jacksonville, supposed to be the 2nd WR...it didn't work but he will be fine in the 3rd WR role.

Sam Gash is back as the fullback in Buffalo, this is a plus for the running game. Travis Henry takes some of the heat off the passing game.

Buffalo tried to fix their defense in the off-season with draft picks and fa acquisitions. This will help to give the offense more time on the field and generally keep Buffalo in the game and then they can stick to their game plan.

Bledsoe will probably slip to later rounds but that bodes well to those of us who still believe he can get the job done.
***Coach Aub***
GSL Norris @ Fanball's Exit42
Zealots-Z28 Eagles
CoachAub
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby puxx » Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:45 am

Thanks for the insight
puxx

Friendliness: %