Gonzalez.......GONZO - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Gonzalez.......GONZO

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:44 am

Hugh M. Griz wrote:I've been considering this very question for the last week or so, and am strongly tempted to try to move him for a top WR (a position I am filling with smoke and mirrors at the moment).

I had the great good fortune to draft both Gonzo and Gates in a league where we require a TE start (but have no flex) ... and now I'm stuck benching one of these guys every week while several teams in the league have no decent option.

No way KC benches him, and I think he'll keep soldiering as long as there's a chance. But if the season continues to unravel, I could see a scenario in which he bails early to deal with the surgery and get a jump-start on the rehab for next year (a la his namesake, Luis Gonzalez of the D-backs).

If you have Gates AND Gonzo... No question, you have to trade Gonzo....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jean15paul » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:51 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
Hugh M. Griz wrote:I've been considering this very question for the last week or so, and am strongly tempted to try to move him for a top WR (a position I am filling with smoke and mirrors at the moment).

I had the great good fortune to draft both Gonzo and Gates in a league where we require a TE start (but have no flex) ... and now I'm stuck benching one of these guys every week while several teams in the league have no decent option.

No way KC benches him, and I think he'll keep soldiering as long as there's a chance. But if the season continues to unravel, I could see a scenario in which he bails early to deal with the surgery and get a jump-start on the rehab for next year (a la his namesake, Luis Gonzalez of the D-backs).

If you have Gates AND Gonzo... No question, you have to trade Gonzo....

I agree; you should trade. I have Gonzo and no back-up TE (we start 8 and have 6 bench spots). So I'm trying to figure out what I wanna do. If I trade him I'd like to get another TE and a WR or RB.
jean15paul
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Big Pimpin' » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:28 pm

i can't beleive you are waiting this long to make a deal. trade one or the other but get it done now. you are wasting points on your bench when you could get them into your starting lineup by making a trade.
Big Pimpin'
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Diablo13 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:37 pm

Big Pimpin' wrote:

i can't beleive you are waiting this long to make a deal. trade one or the other but get it done now. you are wasting points on your bench when you could get them into your starting lineup by making a trade.

I'd start using Gates and try to deal Gonzo. If you are worried about his performance in the near future, and you have an extra roster spot. Consider picking up J. Dunn. He is a serviceable back-up to Gonzo and should they or he (gonzo) decide to have surgery early in preparation for next season, KC will work Dunn into the offense in a big way.
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:44 am

You guys made a lot of great points. Seriously ALOT.

-DID YOU GUYS KNOW HE(GONZO) HAS A KID WITH LAUREN SANCHEZ(latina chick on best damn sports show with the big chest and lovely thick toned legs with the definition of her thigh muscles carving out her fine-fine ass,no not leann tweeden*who is hella fine btw*, hawaiann looking girl who was in playboy along time ago when she was Fitness model)Sorry i was carried away a bit. i get girl crazy sometimes. If you dont know who she is just google it.

-Continued play with an existing injury, unless its very severe. No matter the teams contention.

-Playing the division games against Broncos and Raiders is a lovely point.

-Stroke Sponsers and endorsements checkbooks

-even if i trade him away i need to receive a servicable TE in return as well

-Dunn might find himself playing the starting position. This seriously slipped my mind IF Gonzo had surgery. I think i missed this because i was focused on getting some value for him.

Flipside is that you can trade him away and get dunn as a playoff flier. Really bad idea late in the season. But Rosters in my league are locked after a certain point and if a player without a backup is injured you are screwed. It is always smart to stock up on a backup just in case.

For example if i Lean all my TE hopes on Gonzo and use my backup TE spot on a WR or RB. Then out of nowhere Gonzo has surgery or seriously get hurt for another reason. Im assed out without a backup.

BTW playoff roster includes an extra bench spot for backups. WW and trading is closed at different points toward the end of the season.

Gates owner in my league is a Charger homer(meaning that i will not be able to pry him out of his cold dead hand), actually alot of the owners in my league are charger homers. They jump on any covered in lightning bolt blue, kinda helps me at times.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk