Hows P.Holmes Health? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hows P.Holmes Health?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hows P.Holmes Health?

Postby FeArMeNtL » Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:05 pm

Is he 100%? He better be and get a huge season for me because i made him my keeper. Does anyone have any other news on his condition? If you do the plz post it here ok. Thx
FeArMeNtL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

My take on Holmes

Postby CoachAub » Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:21 pm

I remember picking up Priest a couple years ago off the free agent list when he was with the Ravens. He helped my fantasy team tremendously when he had a career game against my Steelers, rushing for about 200 yards that game! He was a great backup, back then. Then he went to the Chiefs and well you know how he has done there! Now I have some bad news. Priest will not return to the form he showed the past two years. You may disagree, but listen to this. Priest went down in week 15 last year and they originally said he'd probably be back next week. Well that didn't happen and they said he would be out for the remainder of the season but back in time for the Pro Bowl. Then he was unable to make the Pro Bowl but should be 100% by spring. Well, Spring came and he wasn't 100% and the Chiefs drafted Larry Johnson as their #1 pick. They have so many other positions that needed addressed, especially since they have the #1 RB in the league, right? Well, they know something that we don't! The draft tells you they don't believe he will be 100%. NO team takes the draft lightly! Now Priest is having contract issues. Sure the Chiefs management has him pigeonholed because they have Larry Johnson and Holmes is unproven health-wise. They (Chiefs) can do what they want, they are in the driver's seat. Holmes is crying contract which may be his last chance at making BIG money in the NFL. The Chiefs passed on some great wide receivers in the draft and don't tell me Morton, Boerichter and Kennison are in the same tier as Burress/Ward, Holt/Bruce, or Moulds/Price(last yr). I would have drafted a WR or grabbed a high-profile free agent, but that didn't happen. WHY? Because they need a RB first and they must not have a sure bet in Holmes. If they thought they had a few more years in Holmes, they may have chosen McGahee and hoped he would heal in time to learn from Holmes. Bottom line is the Chiefs and Holmes haven't been saying much but what we have seen or not seen has spoken volumes. I for one, am not drafting Priest Holmes this year.
***Coach Aub***
GSL Norris @ Fanball's Exit42
Zealots-Z28 Eagles
CoachAub
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:31 pm

Check out This Thread.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk