A BIG BS CALL on A ROD - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

A BIG BS CALL on A ROD

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby rhamton » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:10 pm

To bad tomorrows game is the one that counts most. No way Yanks lose four straigt, and closers will be fresh.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Praise To #7 John Elway, The BEST TO EVER Play The Game!
rhamton
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chopper » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:12 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Um, there's a huge difference. At the plate, that's just a runner trying to get to the plate. He is running home, and just chooses not to slide. The play at first was A-Rod not running to first base, just blatantly slapping the ball from Arroyo's glove. Granted, I believe that Jeter should have been given 2nd, but what A-Rod did was obviously interference.

Harold Reynolds must have just read your post. He just explained it well on SportsCenter almost exactly like that. Makes sense to me, too.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rhamton » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:13 pm

I'll have to check it out. Changing channels... thanx
rhamton
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:14 pm

rhamton wrote:No way Yanks lose four straigt, and closers will be fresh.

Replace four with three, and you would've said the same thing on Sunday.

I believe. ;-D

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby rhamton » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:17 pm

No way. Iknew sox would make a series out of it , maybe not this much of one though.
rhamton
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:26 pm

yanks are a bunch of overpaid babies. Come on, arod clearly slapped the ball outta the arroyo's glove. You can do that at the plate either, so you cant really compare the two. I personally think its great when the umps make an effort to get the call right.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:45 pm

I have to give props to two groups. First, obviously the Red Sox for doing something no one has ever done in MLB postseason history. To come back from 0-3 to 3-3 has never been done in 25 previous attempts. If they win the next game, it will be the biggest ever. They could either make it the curse-breaker, or make it look even more deadly if they were to lose to the NL champion. :-o

Secondly, you have to praise the umpires. They all huddled together both times to look at calls they had made, and they made the correction both times - both of which were right.

I thought the Yanks fans throwing stuff on the field was funny, but it's kinda dangerous. We shouldn't have to put riot police on the field for baseball games. I was hoping we were a little more civilized than what happens at some soccer games.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Chopper » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:54 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I have to give props to two groups. First, obviously the Red Sox for doing something no one has ever done in MLB postseason history. To come back from 0-3 to 3-3 has never been done in 25 previous attempts. If they win the next game, it will be the biggest ever. They could either make it the curse-breaker, or make it look even more deadly if they were to lose to the NL champion.

Secondly, you have to praise the umpires. They all huddled together both times to look at calls they had made, and they made the correction both times - both of which were right.

Agree with all.

I give big props to the Sox, too. But....it might almost be better for them to lose to the Yanks now.....then get beat by the wild-card, Rocket-led 'Stros in the WS. That is really going to sting. For a long time.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:02 am

Mercer Boy wrote:I have to give props to two groups. First, obviously the Red Sox for doing something no one has ever done in MLB postseason history. To come back from 0-3 to 3-3 has never been done in 25 previous attempts. If they win the next game, it will be the biggest ever. They could either make it the curse-breaker, or make it look even more deadly if they were to lose to the NL champion. :-o

I thought the Yanks fans throwing stuff on the field was funny, but it's kinda dangerous. We shouldn't have to put riot police on the field for baseball games. I was hoping we were a little more civilized than what happens at some soccer games.

Definately. The umps did a great job and the fans of the yanks are disgraceful. The sad thing is its about 100 out of 45000 people doing this. Seeing riot police on the field just gives all yankees fans a bad name.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rhamton » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:09 am

Definately. The umps did a great job and the fans of the yanks are disgraceful. The sad thing is its about 100 out of 45000 people doing this. Seeing riot police on the field just gives all yankees fans a bad name.

Very well put Portisfan
rhamton
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk