A BIG BS CALL on A ROD - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

A BIG BS CALL on A ROD

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ForeverBlue » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:12 am

I'm actually impressed that you guys are talking about Baseball over here. I thought you could receive the death sentence for that. :-D
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:22 am

rhamton wrote:so what? what's the difference when a player slams into a catcher at home plate?

The difference is that when the catcher is blocking the plate a runner can run into home. Trying to make a tag on home plate. You don't see players running to the plate and SLAPPING the Catchers' mitt. They just truck over fools.

AROD was obviously running with his fists closed then opened his hand and SWIPED at Arroyos' mitt. It was so blatant and obvious in the replay. If you did not see it. Like the rest of the world then there is absolutely no point in argueing with you.

If you have noticed the other posters are no longer replying to you directly because you appear to be insanely bias.

EVIDENCE is the KEY and you are definitley not make a subjective or objective judgment. Watch the replay again and seriously try to back up your orginal statement. AROD clearly changed his running style from a closed hand to a opened handed swipe directed at Arroyo glove hand.

Even with replay you may never change your mind. Thats why you never argue with people who are unreasonable**crazed fans for whatever team**. No matter what you say they have already made up their mind. And there is nothing you can say or point out that can change their mind no matter how wrong they are. Hence UNREASONABLE.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby rhamton » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:43 am

I wasn't arguing that he didn't slap at it on purpose UNDEFEATED , Iwas in the heat of the moment at the time of my first post and now realize the difference., and don't take it out on me because my broncos spanked you raiders, Davis should have never dissed shanny l
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Praise To #7 John Elway, The BEST TO EVER Play The Game!
rhamton
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:09 am

The other big difference is that generally people run over the catcher when they're blocking the plate, which clearly wasn't the case here.

You just can't slap the ball out of someone's hands when they're trying to tag you. If that were legal you could just take it one step further and pull the guy's glove off his hand. It'd make for some interesting pickles at least...
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:31 am

rhamton wrote:I wasn't arguing that he didn't slap at it on purpose UNDEFEATED , Iwas in the heat of the moment at the time of my first post and now realize the difference., and don't take it out on me because my broncos spanked you raiders, Davis should have never dissed shanny l

Im not a fair-weather fan...My team sucks and they are good at it at least they are COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE unfortunately they are excelling at playing very bad the past few seasons. Too bad this is not golf.

I have mad respect for the Broncos...I see them play all the time...The only thing i hold against you are the things you say that i dont agree with...and its good to see that you tempered your opinion...
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby drsteuss » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:32 pm

I'd like to add that A-Rod is now officially a total pussy.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby rhamton » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:01 pm

Thanks for the respect UNDEFEATED, it was one hell of a game regardless of all the controvertial petty crap. I can't wait for tonight. It should be epic.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Praise To #7 John Elway, The BEST TO EVER Play The Game!
rhamton
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:14 pm

I'm a diehard Yankee fan and stuff like this pisses me off. Ofcourse, it'd be nice if A-Rod was safe, but something so blatantly obvious like the interference like that shouldn't be argued.

Personally, I thought that it was kind of funny what he did. He was gonna be out anyway, so why not try it. I think he shouldn't have been such a pretty boy and try to slide into first, but hey -- he's A-Rod.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:33 pm

I lost a lot of respect for A-Rod after seeing that, not b/c he tried, it more because he bitched and complained about it when he was called out. I hate Jeter anyways so it just confirmed my belief he is a little bitch when I saw him waving safe in the dugout.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:48 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I lost a lot of respect for A-Rod after seeing that, not b/c he tried, it more because he bitched and complained about it when he was called out. I hate Jeter anyways so it just confirmed my belief he is a little bitch when I saw him waving safe in the dugout.

Honestly, do you think they're gonna admit to being out? Ofcourse Jeter and any other Yankee will wave safe, they're trying to get runs on the board to win.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk