TIEBREAKERS....how do you play? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TIEBREAKERS....how do you play?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby josebach » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:48 am

I don't mind ties. Believe me, you'll like them too if you make the playoffs with 8-5-1 record when there's an 8-6 team that has more total points than you do. This isn't baseball... there doesn't HAVE to be a winner every game.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:18 am

In my money league we settle it with combat.... Both guys to the yard, winner take all... ;-D

Actually, we allow ties to stay on the record, and when playoff time comes if there is a tie, we look at total points first, and then head-to-head results...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:20 am

Might I also suggest a drinking contest:

Each dude takes a shot (preferably a whiskey shot) every 10 minutes... First guy to pass out or puke loses....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PHI » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:00 pm

In the leagues I run, ties are allowed during the season. During the playoffs, teams make out a tie-breaker lineup along with their starting lineup. Tie-breaker lineup consists of 5 players, one each from 5 different positions, and are compared total points first then position by position if needed to break the tie. If they are still tied after all that, the team that was ranked higher going into the playoffs advances.
Fantasy Football Junkies Anonymous meetings held weekly on Sundays... and Mondays... and sometimes Thursdays.
PHI
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:18 pm

Bench scoring.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ForeverBlue » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:23 pm

We use total yards by all your active players.
ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Chopper » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:25 pm

Haven't had a tie since we went to fractional scoring!
If we do have one in the regular season, it will stay a tie. Playoffs, we use TD's.
Chopper
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:20 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Might I also suggest a drinking contest:

Each dude takes a shot (preferably a whiskey shot) every 10 minutes... First guy to pass out or puke loses....

my friends shower and brush their teeth with all types of liqour, even use it as cologne. ;-7
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:26 am

Plindsey88 wrote:In my money league we settle it with combat.... Both guys to the yard, winner take all... ;-D

Actually, we allow ties to stay on the record, and when playoff time comes if there is a tie, we look at total points first, and then head-to-head results...

We use a similar form including yours.....and division record, head-to-head. Something like that i'm not really sure what the actual order.

maybe home and away records could figure in somewhere.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:03 am

UNDEFEATED wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Might I also suggest a drinking contest:

my friends shower and brush their teeth with all types of liqour, even use it as cologne. ;-7

I say play the Braveheart game.... winner takes all. Get a ton of liquor and the Braveheart DVD. Everyone takes a shot whenever "freedom" is said. Last one standing.

How, may you ask, does this solve the tiebreaker issue? By the end of it all, you'll forget what you were origionally doing the game for, and therefore won't care...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk