Miami RB Sammy Morris - Sleeper pick of the week? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Miami RB Sammy Morris - Sleeper pick of the week?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Miami RB Sammy Morris - Sleeper pick of the week?

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:22 am

What do you guys think of Sammy Morris against the St. Louis D? Yahoo gave Morris 3 out of 5 stars this week because of his 99 yd performance against Buffalo.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cnewby » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:24 am

I thought it was 91...anyways, I hope he has a good day Sunday so I can trade him to some desperate guy in my 15team league!!
cnewby
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bungle613 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:35 am

I just dont know. I need him to be good at leasat since I am starving to fill a flex spot but with that horrendous O-line... you can't trust him. Morris was apparently not happy with leaving the BIlls and I think some of that frustration led to him having a pretty solid game against his old team last week. He is playing a soft run D in St. L this week so I am waiting to make my call on him until after Monday. Run Sammy Run!
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Diablo13 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:30 pm

bungle613 wrote:I just dont know. I need him to be good at leasat since I am starving to fill a flex spot but with that horrendous O-line... you can't trust him. Morris was apparently not happy with leaving the BIlls and I think some of that frustration led to him having a pretty solid game against his old team last week. He is playing a soft run D in St. L this week so I am waiting to make my call on him until after Monday. Run Sammy Run!

Ditto about him running hard against his former team.
I think that the horrible passing attack will allow StL to play man coverage all day and allow everybody else (pretty much) to work the line. I don't believe StL has much of a run D. But TB has a much better front line than Mia and Stl held Pittman to only 37 yds. Mostly because they played man coverage all night.

Morris ain't worth it. Anyways, Ricky's coming back tomorrow....right? lol
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:31 pm

Diablo13 wrote:
bungle613 wrote:I just dont know. I need him to be good at leasat since I am starving to fill a flex spot but with that horrendous O-line... you can't trust him. Morris was apparently not happy with leaving the BIlls and I think some of that frustration led to him having a pretty solid game against his old team last week. He is playing a soft run D in St. L this week so I am waiting to make my call on him until after Monday. Run Sammy Run!

Ditto about him running hard against his former team.
I think that the horrible passing attack will allow StL to play man coverage all day and allow everybody else (pretty much) to work the line. I don't believe StL has much of a run D. But TB has a much better front line than Mia and Stl held Pittman to only 37 yds. Mostly because they played man coverage all night.

Morris ain't worth it. Anyways, Ricky's coming back tomorrow....right? lol

The Bills have a very stout run D, and even though Morris hates the Bills, its VERY unlikely that it had more than a negligable impact on his performance. This is the NFL and when a guy gets his first start, that is motivation enough.

Morris is built to run behind this shaky line because he maximizes every hole and breaks tackles. He is not a breakaway threat, but he is good for consistent yardage.

Tampas line is not that good ether, and Pittman would have been more than stuffed at Buffalo. That the best performance by a Dolphins RB this year came against the 2nd stoutest run D (New England #1) should further make all of you aware that Morris could be a threat to go off this week since Miamis D can always keep them in the game.

With all that said, I have him, and I sure as hell aint startin him.

Edit: I didnt mean that Buffalo has the 2nd stoutest run D in the NFL. Just the 2nd stoutest that Miami has faced.
QB - Manning, Ben Roth, Campbell
RB - Henry, T Jones, D Ward, B-Jax, Betts, B Jacobs, Selvin Young
WR - Lee Evans, Colston, Driver, Cotchery, Brandon Marshall
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Diablo13 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:07 pm

I have to respectfully disagree...I think TB has a much better line than the Dolphins. Everybody does!
Diablo13
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk