David Carr - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

David Carr

Moderator: Football Moderators

David Carr

Postby Tbones » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:20 pm

What do you think his value is worth right now. He is the number 6 QB Fantasy wise in my league and I am impressed. Do you guys think he will keep this up all season, they seem to have a few young and upcoming receivers in Houston. What would his trade value be for a WR?
Tbones
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby detroit_to_denver » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:25 pm

Depends on who needs him and what that team has. I mean if there is a team that is hurting for a QB than go after his top WR. Otherwise i would stay put with him. He was supposed to have a breakout year and so far hasn't disappointed.
detroit_to_denver
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby RyanK » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:26 pm

well i needed a qb badly.. and i traded warrick dunn for him.. but i also have portis, tiki and dillon... and we only start two

but i think (hope) he will keep it up all year, him and andre seem to do well together
RyanK
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FavreFan1998 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:37 pm

RyanK wrote:well i needed a qb badly.. and i traded warrick dunn for him.. but i also have portis, tiki and dillon... and we only start two

but i think (hope) he will keep it up all year, him and andre seem to do well together

u ripped that guy off imo
FavreFan1998
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TPSFFL » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:52 pm

GREAT pick up for Dunn!
I think Carr and Houston's Offense in general are clicking now. He's getting good points in our league.
"Fantasy FUBAR" fantasy football web radio show! New shows every Wednesday!
http://www.trailerparksports.com/TPSRadio.htm
Join our chat room while we tape Tues 7pm PST Fantasy questions: tpsradio@trailerparksports.com
Yahoo IM: trailerparksports
TPSFFL
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mikey » Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:19 pm

I picked up Carr 3 weeks ago to spot start for McNair (when he sat out with his bruised sternum).

Now I'm just disappointed that I have to start McNair this week during HOU's bye.

Wouldn't have guessed I would be saying that at the beginning of the season.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby tomkatt » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:25 pm

In our QB heavy money league I drafted T. Green in the 2nd round to be my starter. After week 2 I put in my 11th round draft pick DAVID CARR, and haven't looked back. ;-D
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:40 pm

You picked Green in the 2nd, and Carr in the 11th? It's like some weird polar opposite..

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby FavreFan1998 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:56 pm

i picked up carr in 14th round, was gonna pick up leftwich but was taken 4 picks before me. Either one seems like a steal so far
FavreFan1998
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:46 pm

A lot of people here thought Carr would be a very good #2 this year, but now he's turning into an every week starter. He's got a studly WR in Johnson, good speedsters like Gaffney and Bradford, and a trio of backs who can catch out of the backfield (D Davis, Wells, and Hollings). He's using his weapons now that he has some time to find them. Thank goodness I got him as a reserve for Chad Pennington.

Looks like that #1 pick is panning out in year three! :-?

Shoot, the question...His value "should" be very high if a team is in need of a QB. It's hard to quantify value of QB's to RB's and WR's though...but I'd hope a trade involving him would get you at least a #2 WR or a backup RB including a lesser QB.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk