No votes

Total votes : 82

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:54 pm

Is beating his ass not an option?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 0.5 mg » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:55 pm

This is his response when busted on his 4th offense...it was only then that I went back and noticed the other 3 times he did it. He eludes to allowing other players to make similar changes ...different subject ... and some " by - laws". There are no posted by-laws, there is also no provision for changing players after the deadline. The rule reads... "Lineup deadline is five minutes prior to gametime for each player." Period. No loopholes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st: IF you have a player that is listed "PROBABLE" and/or "GAMETIME DECISION" let me know (if I don't know already) and you find out he IS playing, he CAN play and that change WILL be made in your line-up. Unfortunately it is hard to find out , unless you see them in uniform on the field or unless they've touched the ball (stats) you will not know they are playing or not. I believe that is FAIR and that it is different from a player that you've started and get's hurt after 2 minutes.

2nd: I DID make a LATE change to my line-up. I did not though in anyway have any idea as to the happenings of the games or the performance of each player. I did not watch nor did I listen to ANY NFL broadcast untill later that afternoon. (I actually have witnesses to that.) Nor did have sexual relations with that woman. I returned home from an engagment some time after kick-off Sunday. While I was out I received a call from a team owner and made changes for him that I believed were justified. I also called his opponent as a courtesy. Not till after I had made his changes did I realize that I had not made my changes. I figured since I did NOT know of anything that was going on (players or games) it would be okay to change. Since I meant to do it anyways. My disadvantage, I couldn't call a "commish" to let them know of my intent ahead of time- as some of you have been able to in the past. This I can assure you will NOT happen again in the future. I am guilty of making a line-up change but NOT GUILTY of trying to take advantage of my opponent or position. I have always tried to be fair and have always listened to any owners case/plea as to any line-up changes, as hopefully most of you can attest. Unfortunately, I belive for the mean while there may have to be a temporary or maybe permanent system of "checks and balances" for our league. If any of you have any ideas or suggestions please call me. The "by-laws" will be updated as to the rules we have discussed and as to any new rules we have to add. I am even up for voting or rotating the position of commisioner.
Go Jags
0.5 mg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:03 pm

This guy sounds like a bullshit artist to me... Personally I would demand my money back and bolt, because that's garbage... A 5 minute deadline is a 5 minute deadline... REGARDLESS of circumstances.... REGARDLESS of gametime decisions.... REGARDLESS of any engagements you have.... REGARDLESS of ANYTHING... The league should be locked down at 5 minutes prior to kickoff and no one should have any changes made for any reason.... Your wife goes into labor and you forgot to set your line-up - too bad... Your son starts to choke on his lunch at exactly 5 minutes and 30 seconds before kickoff, and you choose to give him the heimlich manuever instead of setting your line-up - too bad... 5 minutes is 5 minutes... No excuses....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mudd » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:16 pm

Yeah, this one's easy. He needs to get the boot.

A severe beating isn't necessarily outta the question either. :-B
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby caneblood » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:30 pm

His response doesn't address the other 3 times! Go back and look at the 4 infractions. If they were all "honest" and he had no knowledge of the games then you would expect that they should fall even with some changes helping and some hurting. If you go back and notice that every change was made when the player being taken out was not performing up to par than it's pretty obvious. If all the changes were random with no prior knowledge of the game than you would expect to see at least one instance where a player was playing very well and got pulled!

Since this is a league of friends and you are the outsider - how are they reacting? There should be no provision for a commish to alter ANYONE'S lineup after the deadline even if that player was listed as "questionable" and plays.
caneblood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ForeverBlue » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:39 pm

I say give him the pear!!!!!

ForeverBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Monos Borrachos » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:50 pm

Two words: Justifiable Homicide :-t :-t :-t
Monos Borrachos
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby skinsfan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:52 pm

give him his money, kick him out, and give him a one-year suspension from your leagues.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bandito » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:21 pm

Dont be easy on this guy if it was in my money league me and the other players in the league would wait outside his work in the parking lot and made sure he knew that cheating is not allowed and will not be tolerated under any circumstances..but that's just one man's opinion
QB: Bulger, Delhomme
WR: R.Wayne, Ro. Williams, M. Harrison, A. Toomer, Randle El
RB: Portis, Bettis, M. Moore
TE: McMicheal
K: S. Graham
Bandito
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jumpman8828 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:44 pm

ForeverBlue wrote:I say give him the pear!!!!!

8-o :-P !+)
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk