62%
get our money back and call it a day
16%
other ... please ellaborate
No votes

Total votes : 82

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:05 pm

jumpman8828 wrote:
ForeverBlue wrote:I say give him the pear!!!!!

8-o :-P !+)

Do you put that in a person ear or nose? :-?

hmmm.hmmmm Why do you have a picture of that? and how do you know about it?
Last edited by UNDEFEATED on Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:06 pm

jumpman8828 wrote:
ForeverBlue wrote:I say give him the pear!!!!!

8-o :-P !+)

does that do what i hope to god it doesn't?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:30 pm

This Commish smokescreening the whole situation with lots of words. Less Talk Less Mess. This guy has left alot of faults in his arguement. I am about to pick away this.

[quote="0.5 mg"] I went back and noticed the other 3 times he did it. [/qoute]

Four times too many...i would excuse the first time...not the 2nd 3rd and 4th

[qoute="0.5mg"] He eludes to allowing other players to make similar changes ...different subject ... and some " by - laws". There are no posted by-laws, there is also no provision for changing players after the deadline. The rule reads... "Lineup deadline is five minutes prior to gametime for each player." Period. No loopholes. [/qoute]

He has incriminated others as well as himself...in effect selling other people out. Just because they did it doesn't make it right.

NO POSTED RULES=FAKE RULES

Why even have a five minute deadline if you can change it after five minutes. This is a rule accomodating certain individuals. There is such a thing as overkill. I understand you want to help owners out, but you need to draw teh line somewhere. FIVE minutes is it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[qoute="0.5mg"] 1st: IF you have a player that is listed "PROBABLE" and/or "GAMETIME DECISION" let me know (if I don't know already) and you find out he IS playing, he CAN play and that change WILL be made in your line-up. Unfortunately it is hard to find out , unless you see them in uniform on the field or unless they've touched the ball (stats) you will not know they are playing or not. [/qoute]

Stats doesn't tell you anything about a guy starting. A WR or RB can be in the game for a quarter before getting their first recordable statistic, catch or rush.

[qoute] I believe that is FAIR and that it is different from a player that you've started and get's hurt after 2 minutes. [/qoute]

It is not fair that is why they invented and enforced the FIVE MINUTE DEADLINE. Look up the definition of deadline.

[qoute] 2nd: I DID make a LATE change to my line-up. I did not though in anyway have any idea as to the happenings of the games or the performance of each player. I did not watch nor did I listen to ANY NFL broadcast untill later that afternoon. (I actually have witnesses to that.) Nor did have sexual relations with that woman. I returned home from an engagment some time after kick-off Sunday. While I was out I received a call from a team owner and made changes for him that I believed were justified. I also called his opponent as a courtesy. Not till after I had made his changes did I realize that I had not made my changes. I figured since I did NOT know of anything that was going on (players or games) it would be okay to change. Since I meant to do it anyways. My disadvantage, I couldn't call a "commish" to let them know of my intent ahead of time- as some of you have been able to in the past. This I can assure you will NOT happen again in the future. I am guilty of making a line-up change but NOT GUILTY of trying to take advantage of my opponent or position. I have always tried to be fair and have always listened to any owners case/plea as to any line-up changes, as hopefully most of you can attest. Unfortunately, I belive for the mean while there may have to be a temporary or maybe permanent system of "checks and balances" for our league. If any of you have any ideas or suggestions please call me. The "by-laws" will be updated as to the rules we have discussed and as to any new rules we have to add. I am even up for voting or rotating the position of commisioner. [/qoute]

This arguement is filled with holes.

Mainly he claims that "he changed the lineup 45 minutes after the game started without prior knowledge to performance." The deadline for making decisions regardless of reason is 5 minutes before gametime.

He also points out that unless he sees an injured player is available to play in uniform before game time he can change his starter. How was he aware of the PLAYER BEING IN UNIFORM but not aware of scores. When TV clearly post scores everwhere including the website if you use a website that has scoring on the front page. Not only scoring for NFL but Fantasy league scoring.

You guys should have a limit as too gametime, like after five minutes into a starter game must remain no matter what. This is absolutely ridiclous rule but may need to be included as an ammendment to their by-law bullshit book.

This guy keeps putting his ass in mouth. I am tired of this nonsense but will continue with a few more points.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby UNDEFEATED » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:48 pm

OMG there is bull splashed all over his 2nd point?

If there is a lineup change it should be announced league wide. It doesn't only affect the owner he is playing. He should call the entire league as a courtesy, not just the opposite owner. * that type of justification.

His witness is absolutely not credible. Some chick that he is banging.(no i dont have sexual relations with this girl) If I bring a girl on a date, yes even a wedding reception date. Im putting her head impression into the drywall.... ;-D That is how you know he is already lying. again and again.

Not till after I had made his changes did I realize that I had not made my changes. I figured since I did NOT know of anything that was going on (players or games) it would be okay to change.

Its not OK.Sorry but after the five minute deadline you cannot make changes. How did he see his injured player in uniform before the game when both of his QBs WERE NOT INJURED. So by his own rule you cannot change your Starter. What a * idiot he sold himself out.

Lineup changes are not allowed based on gut feeling or intentions. This guys sound dumb and dumber by the word.

Yeah he could not call the commish....did he call the guy he was playing? or anybody else the next best thing to the commish. Oh my bad he told the girl he was at the wedding reception with right. BS .

If the result was a win he must accept the score of delhomme and take the loss no matter what. This abslutely destroys the integrity of the league.

Edited by MB - content
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Carnac » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:09 pm

In our Yahoo league we are automatically locked out at 5 minutes before gametime. There is no chance for anyone to change players, even if they wanted to.

What game do you guys play?

I would kick the a$$*#(@* out and keep his money. There is no excuse for cheating.

Good luck ;-D
Golf nut
Carnac
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby 0.5 mg » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:13 pm

Undefeated...Thank you for taking the time to weigh in on this. This is why I posted this. Me being kind of the outsider it really helps having a non-interested party break it down like that. This makes sure his cronies in the league have no choice but to vote his lying ass out.

That other issue is where he helped 2 other players do the same thing earlier this year. They were dirty but the commish is again at the bottom of it. These are his friends...he is the only one with the access to make those changes. Those other players are next on my list but I'm focusing on the commish first. His crimes are indefensible abuses of his power. He must taste his own testicles over this.

I'll keep you posted as to how this turns out. And I owe you big for taking the time to write all of this.

I appreciate it.
Go Jags
0.5 mg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:19 pm

Where can I pick up one of those pears?
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:21 pm

Kick him out, have someone take over his team for free, and keep his money. He is absolutely full of it.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:21 pm

Anyone that changed their lineup after the deadline should forfeit all the games where this occured. I don't care what kind of circumstances made that type of cheating acceptable in the commishes eyes, but in my league that would not fly.

I would also make the commish add an extra entrance fee to help pay for his mistakes. If this is truly a friends league you don't want to just kick the guy out, but you can hit him where it hurts.... in the wallet.
Last edited by Kensat30 on Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Birdman » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:22 pm

Two things I would check,

first, ask the people he made changes for and see if they back him up on what he was doing. Make sure their story of what was going on is the same as his. Is he lying or not?

second, when he made changes for others, he called their opponents to let them know. Did he call his opponent to let him know as well. Once again, find out if he's lying.

If you find that he's been telling the truth about this and it was bad judgement, then he should at MINIMUM lose the game he altered because he's an idiot. The other guys should also lose their games because the games weren't played under the rules of the league. I'd say there is a slight chance he's friends with everyone, is an honest person, and fud'up.

I'd say there is a better chance that guy is full of crap and if he is, take his money and kick him out.
Birdman Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk